Personal Information Protection Policy
I am committed to providing my clients with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about my clients, protecting your information is one of my highest priorities.
I will inform my clients of why and how we collect, use and disclose their personal information, obtain their consent where required, and only handle their personal information in a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
This Personal Information Protection Policy outlines the principles and practices I will follow in protecting my clients personal information. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of our clients personal information and allowing our clients to request access to, and correction of, their personal information.
Information is collected in two ways;
- Information you give. For example, some of our services require that you create an account, either on our website, or with our accounting department. During this process, you will be asked for your personal information, like your name, address, phone number, email address and credit information.
NOTE: credit information is NOT required to use our website, this is an example for companies that wish to obtain a line of credit with Stubb Canada.
Personal information that may be collected includes;
- telephone number
- email address
- credit card information
- banking information
- Information we collect from your use of our services.
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by Google, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet Protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account with us.
- Location information
When you use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
What do we use collected information for?
We may use your collected information to;
- administer our website and business
- personalize your browsing experience on our website
- enable your use of the services offered by our website
- send you products purchased through our website, sales or service technicians
- provide services to you, purchased through our website, sales or service technicians
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you
- collect payments from you
- send you non-marketing commercial communications
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- send you our newsletter, if you have requested it (you may opt-out at any time)
Disclosure of your personal information.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties, your personal identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us is operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as the said third parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
We may release your information when we believe it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or to protect ours or others rights, property or safety.
Third party links.
We may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent Privacy Policies. Accordingly, we hold no responsibility or liability for the content or activities of these linked sites. We also wish to protect the integrity of our website, and welcome any feedback regarding third party sites.
An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters that is used for the same purposes as a cookie on platforms, including certain mobile devices, where cookie technology is not available.
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
Every computer connected to the Internet is assigned a unique number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. Since these numbers are usually assigned in country-based blocks, an IP address can often be used to identify the country from which a computer is connecting to the Internet.
Non-personally identifiable information
This is information that is recorded about users so that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user.
This is information which you provide to us which personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information.